Wednesday 2 December 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Okay, it's December 1st! And that means I am officially allowed to obsess over Christmas, yay!

Every year my grandma gives me one of those scratch card Christmas calendars and I always buy myself a chocolate calendar, but this year I totally forgot to buy a chocolate one and my gran's Christmas calendar was still in a drawer when I came home from work. Is this what being an adult means?! If so, it kind of blows. I have been and continue to be extremely busy at work and it's causing me to forget the true joy of Christmas. Sigh, at least I go on holiday in two and a half weeks!

Tonight we decorated the Christmas tree and I have to say it's looking particularly awesome this year, wouldn't you agree? Unfortunately my camera doesn't seem to capture the magic of the fairy lights at all, it looks much more splendid IRL.



And here's a close up of one of the hand stitched fabric hearts that me and Pia made a few weeks ago.



This year everything has been carefully attached by pretty silk ribbons in black or hot pink so the tree is kitty-proof.

Happy December 1st!

Edit: It would appear I got so carried away with my decorations that is in fact now December 2nd. Bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment