Sunday 11 October 2009

Since last update...

I am not super happy with Blogspot and have started the process of creating a new blog. Unfortunately I am a bit of a perfectionist and so, it's taking a while. I find myself taking photos for my blog, then putting off updating it because I want to save the pictures for the new, pretty blog. Alas, I shall try and update this thing on a regular basis until the new super-blog is ready for the grand unveiling.

So, since my last update I have added another year to my age, I have started my new job, it has become autumn, I have discovered the joys of diet Cherry Coke and I have lost a few pounds. All in all, not too shabby.

More recently (as in this weekend) I have had a bit of a Halloween obsession going on and have spent most of my time watching old favourites on dvd. Since Friday, I have watched The Ninth Gate, Hocus Pocus, Carrie and The Nightmare Before Christmas. We are having a Halloween party in a few weeks' time so I am looking for inspiration for an awesome costume.

I also found time to do a bunch of things I have been too lazy to do. I went to Camden to pick up an old vintage bag of mine that had been fixed by a man selling homemade leather bags at the market. I had been putting that off for ages, but it's nice to have it back. Then I walked into town and had a stroll around in the sunshine. Went to Soho Square and had some sushi, then finally went into Frith Street Tattoo to put my name on Valerie Vargas' waiting list so I can get my Russian doll tattoo done. Her waiting list is about a year (which I was expecting), and while it may seem like a long time, I love her work and I would rather wait a while to get the tattoo of my dreams than find another artist and get a less good tattoo out of it. It will stay on my body forever, after all! My other tattoos are much smaller and without colour and while I did think about all of them for quite some time before getting them done, this is a much bigger decision. It will be on my left forearm and therefore far more visible than my others ones, so I want to get it right.

I will finish this very long entry with a few photos taken since my last update.

I made a bunch of cupcakes for a charity cake sale at work

Pretty butterfly at my parents' summer house

Kitties being cute


London is pretty in autumn

I can't believe I live a 5 minute walk away from this



Just doing this post has confirmed how much I dislike Blogspot, what's with the retarded double spacing between paragraphs? Better get my skates on and finish my awesome new blog, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment